category: forum | url: /en/forum/bikes-forum/146-bike-for-road-racer-looking-to-try-out-enduros | language: en-GB

Bike for road racer looking to try out enduros

• Thank you received: 0

Bike for road racer looking to try out enduros was created by Astorm

Any thoughts on a bike to start dipping a toe into the Enduro world? I road race a Yamaha R3 and a Suzuki SV650.

Thanks
Alexandra
2 months 1 week ago #199

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by twowheels275 on topic Bike for road racer looking to try out enduros

Alexandra: It sounds like you're competent on a bike, but a lot will depend on your physical stature and strength. If you're petite (and maybe even if you're not) you might start on something like a TM125 or 144. If you're a little bigger and/or stronger then maybe a 250F (Yamaha WR or KTM/Husky/GasGas 250F) would be a good starting place.

As a reference I've been racing off-road for almost 35 years, tip the scales at around 200# kitted up, and still list the 144 as my favorite bike of all time, but I also race a TM300 4T.
1 month 3 weeks ago #201

Replied by daisie678 on topic Bike for road racer looking to try out enduros

I think you should go with Yamaha, Yahama performance is much better than a Suzuki in muddy conditions, before purchasing any bike I will suggest you verify is VIN number now you don't have to pay full for checking VIN status you get a discount up to 10% by using an Auto Parts & Accessories Coupons . Every Motorcycle buyer’s nightmare is buying a bike that has been wrecked, stolen, or is unsafe to ride. Before buying any bikes check their history.
Last edit: 1 month 22 hours ago by daisie678.
1 month 22 hours ago #205