Kriega goes lightweight with the new Hydro-2 off road hydration pack.
UK-based luggage specialists, Kriega have turned their attention to enduro with a new lightweight hydration pack – the Kriega Hydro-2.
The Kriega team have experience at events like ErzbergRodeo and Romaniacs so know what it takes to create a hydration pack which can cope with harsh riding, but still allow the rider to concentrate on the obstacles ahead.
Utilising a hard wearing 420D Cordura® Lite Plus material, the Hydro-2 pack weighs just 620g (minus reservoir and fluids) and has been developed to be as unobtrusive and manoeuvrable as possible. Sitting high on the rider’s back, it leaves room for a large bum bag or waist pack if needed.
Kriega’s Quadloc-lite harness system keeps the pack firmly in place, distributes weight evenly and allows easy adjustment or removal, even with body armour and riding gloves. A lower waist strap also helps disperse weight further from the shoulders and prevent the pack from bouncing.
Breaking with Kriega's single-colour traditions
For the first time in Kriega’s history, the brand’s usual black or black colour options have been extended to add lime, silver and orange. So depending on your bike or kit there’s a better match.
The Hydro-2 pack contains a clever HydraPak ‘Shape Shift’ two-litre, leak-proof reservoir. A removable high flow ‘Blaster’ bite valve reseals after each sip and can be locked off if need be. The drinking tube is easily disconnected (with an auto shut-off valve), allowing the HydraPak to be removed from the bag and filled up. The tube also has a Velcro patch, matching one on the front chest strap to hold it when riding. The bag is also reversible for easy cleaning.
- Lightweight (620g) bag sits high on back to allow for extreme riding
- Unique Quadloc-lite™ harness distributes weight
- Shape-Shift Reservoir keeps bladder compact when not full
- Removable, high-flow bite valve with ‘quick disconnect’
- Valve reseals after each sip and has on/off bar switch
- Hardwearing 420D Cordura® Lite Plus with Hypalon harness reinforcement
- YKK® water-resistant zip
- Removable waist strap distributes weight from back
- Reflective panels on harness and rear logo
- Colour options: Black, Silver, Orange or Lime
More information: kriega.com
Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.email@example.com