Day one results feed from Trèfle Lozérien AMV, round two of the 2019 World Enduro Super Series where Josep Garcia has stolen the day with a Classic Enduro master-class.
On a long first day in the saddle for the 590 riders competing the 2019 Trèfle Lozérien AMV began with the day’s first time check around 8am and the last just before 7pm for the lead riders. Wet weather made the tough timetable even more difficult for this, the second round of the World Enduro Super Series.
By the last time check the results (with a couple of exceptions) ran true to form with the KTM Factory pairing of Josep Garcia and Nathan Watson first and second, hounded closely in third by Outsiders Yamaha rider, Jamie McCanney.
Day 1 at Le Tref in a nutshell:
- Initially Jamie McCanney got the jump on the field with the win in the early morning first test.
- It wasn’t long before Josep Garcia established himself at the top of the timing sheets and once there he never backed off. Garcia topped four of the five tests to lead by 20 seconds.
- Nathan Watson is aiming high like his KTM team-mate at Trèfle Lozérien this year and held P2 from start to finish on a super-consistent day.
- McCanney fought back from a poor test two (poor means jusy nine seconds down on the fastest time!) and jumped back ahead of with Jeremy Tarroux to take third.
- Jonny Walker heads the non-classic enduro WESS contenders, just like he did in 2018. Walker finished the day in P10 sandwiched by EnduroGP contenders (and former World Champions) Christophe Nambotin and Giacomo Redondi.
- One of the pre-race favourites according to organisers, Loic Larrieu, the reigning Trèfle Lozérien champion, did not start this morning due to lack of team support.
- Bad luck also for another for former winner, Johnny Aubert, who crashed in a final shakedown yesterday, breaking his collarbone.
Results Trèfle Lozérien AMV 2019, day 1:
For full results, click Trèfle Lozérien timing here.
Photo Credit: Future7Media Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.firstname.lastname@example.org