Day two results feed from Trèfle Lozérien AMV, World Enduro Super Series round 2 – Garcia cements overall lead but the French fight back.
The story of day two at the 2019 Trèfle Lozérien AMV enduro is very much about the French making a comeback at their biggest annual race. Josep Garcia remains the rider in charge despite Julien Gauthier having a strong day, posting Garcia-challenging times which included one test win. It was enough to see him ahead of Garcia on the day up until the final two tests when the Spaniard stamped his authority to grow his overall lead at this the second round of the World Enduro Super Series.
Trèfle Lozérien day two in a nutshell:
- Josep Garcia took the first test win and continued his lead in the overall but even at that early time the two Jeremy’s – Tarroux and Miroir – were hot on his heels with 0.3s slower times in a five-minute test.
- Tight test times proved to be the order of the day as Julien Gauthier laid out his stall on test two with the win but just 0.1s ahead of Garcia.
- Test three saw overnight third-placed rider, Jamie McCanney back up top with Garcia dropping time (literally – though only five seconds) and down in fifth.
- Garcia was back on top in test four and five to make a decisive move on the day and grow his overall lead.
- Overnight second and third placed riders, McCanney and Nathan Watson followed Garcia home in fourth and fifth respectively but again dropped time on the Spaniard.
- McCanney moves to second place scratch overall with the fight for P3 getting mighty tight between Watson, Tarroux and Gauthier.
- Jonny Walker was again the ‘best of the WESS’, non-Classic Enduro specialists with another 10th place.
- Hot on his heels however was Travis Teasedale who impressed on day two at this his first taste of French grass enduro tests in P11.
Top 100 results Trèfle Lozérien AMV 2019, day 2:
For full results, click here.
Photo Credit: Future7Media Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.firstname.lastname@example.org