Points mean prizes in racing so we’ve taken a ‘who did what’ look at the 2018 World Enduro Championship tables to bring you a numbers digest.
With the season done and very much dusted, points finally settled and even some tears shed, we've taken a look at the championship tables to see who finished where in 2018 Enduro GPs.
Taking the top three finishers in each of the classes you can see the kind of devastating form Steve Holcombe has had in the 2018 World Enduro Championship – both in E3 class and overall.
Holcombe was top dog but compatriot Bradley Freeman can at least claim one victory – he scored the highest number of points of any rider in class with 286 points amassed in E1.
The hottest contest in 2018 in the end came down to the E2 class and the final day's action when a mechanical issue took a Alex Salvini from potential championship winner to third place. It was bad luck for the big guy after a stellar season but, as they say, this is racing.
We also welcome a new World (and European) Enduro Women’s champ with Sanna Karkkainen.
But who finished where? Who got the points and how many wins did it take to get that trophy?
- Steve Holcombe Beta Factory Racing 248 points (6 wins, 4 x 2nd, 1 x 3rd)
- Bradley Freeman Beta Boano Racing 201 points (1 win, 3 x 2nd, 3 x 3rd)
- Eero Remes TM Factory Racing 193 points (1 x win, 2 x 2nd, 3 x 3rd)
- Bradley Freeman Beta Boano Racing 286 points (10 x wins, 3 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd)
- Jamie McCanney Outsiders Yamaha Racing 252 (4 x wins, 8 x 2nd, 1 x 3rd)
- Antoine Basset Gas Gas Factory Racing 218 points 218 points (1 x 2nd, 7 x 3rd)
- Eero Remes TM Factory Racing 248 points (6 x wins, 3 x 2nd, 1 x 3rd)
- Loic Larrieu Outsiders Yamaha Racing 241 points (1 x win, 5 x 2nd, 6 x 3rd)
- Alex Salvini Jolly Enduro Husqvarna 240 points (8 x wins, 2 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd)
- Steve Holcombe Beta Factory Racing 284 points (11 x wins, 2 x 2nd, 1 x 3rd)
- Christophe Nambotin Gas Gas Factory Racing 238 points (1 x win, 6 x 2nd, 4 x 3rd)
- Danny McCanney Gas Gas Factory Racing 236 points (1 x win, 5 x 2nd, 4 x 3rd)
Enduro Junior Overall
- Mateo Cavallo Boano Racing 246 points (9 x wins, 2 x 2nd, 1 x 3rd)
- Andrea Verona TM Racing 201 points (1 x win, 5 x 2nd, 3 x 3rd)
- Jack Edmondson Sherco Factory Racing 142 points (2 x 3rd)
Enduro Youth 125
- Ruy Barbosa Jolly Enduro Husqvarna 202 points (7 x wins, 1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd)
- Hamish MacDonald Sherco Factory Racing 170 points (2 x wins, 3 x 2nd)
- Dan Mundell Sherco Factory Racing 152 points (4 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd)
Enduro Women (only one round competed)
- Sanna Karkkainen KTM 40 points
- Livia Lancelot Red Moto Honda 36 points
- Mireia Badia Husqvarna 32 points
Photo Credit: Future7Media/Andrea Belluschi
Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.email@example.com