Results from day one at the 2019 EnduroGP of Greece in Serres where Bradley Freeman has stormed to victory in steamy conditions.
Enduro GP of Greece, day 1 in a nutshell:
- After taking the Friday night Supertest win, Brad Freeman took a lap to get into his stride on day one in Greece but once he did the Boano Racing rider kept on the gas to pull five test wins on the bounce and grow a big lead.
- Behind him Steve Holcombe started well but again faded in the hot Greek weather as the day progressed. Suffering still with a mystery illness, Holcombe is clearly lacking his trademark consistency.
- That said, the Beta Factory rider finished the day second overall, first in E3 and 23s clear of third place.
- As Freeman eased back on the final lap, the Italian battle for third step on the podium between Matteo Cavallo, Thomas Oldrati and Giacomo Redondi raged.
- Matteo Cavallo carried his form on the Sherco 250 four stroke from the previous round to stand third on the scratch podium again and P2 in E1.
- Oldrati took fourth overall and third in E1 while Redondi finished fifth but took his second E2 day win of the season.
- Loic Larrieu, Davide Guareneri and Christophe Charlier were also in the mix but were not consistent enough across all tests during three laps to challenge for the overall. Charlier would go out on the final test with a mechanical.
- Drama struck Alex Salvini part way through lap two as the big Italian crashed out of the Enduro test and sustained a shoulder injury which forced him to retire.
- The Junior class was dominated once again by Andrea Verona who has no serious challenger so far this season.
- Young Spaniard, Enric Francisco fought with Ruy Barbosa and Roni Kytonen for runner-up spot overall in the Juniors. The trio finish within five seconds of each other after the 10 tests.
- Verona naturally won Junior 1 and Francisco took the Junior 2 class.
- David Knight continued his dominance in the Open World Cup though it must be said the competition was not as strong with few of the regulars making the long trip to Greece.
EnduroGP scratch overall results, day 1:
E1 results, day 1:
E2 results, day 1:
E3 results, day 1:
Junior overall results, day 1:
Open World Cup Senior class results, day 1:
Photo Credit: Future7Media/Andrea Belluschi Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.firstname.lastname@example.org