Sherco’s Wade Young made short work of the Australian Wildwood Rock Extreme Enduro to take the win.
Making his debut ride in the race, Young showed his rivals a clean pair of heels as he dominated the race in style.
Piling on the pace, Young clicked off nine laps in the four-hour multi-lap format race to win by about 27 minutes.
With Young way out front, the battle for the remainder of the podium was between Pol Tarres (Beta) and Hamish MacDonald (Sherco), with Spaniard Tarres edging out MacDonald for the runner-up result.
Defending champion Mitch Harper was unable to make it a repeat result in 2017 and ended his race in fourth with Broc Grabham completing the top five.
Photo Credit: Wildwood / Russell Colvin
Husqvarna Motorcycles Wildwood Rock Extreme Enduro
1. Wade Young 4hr 02:12.144, 9 Laps
2. Pol Tarrés 4hr 29:24.639, 9 Laps
3. Hamish Macdonald 4hr 32:13.358, 9 Laps
4. Mitch Harper 4hr 05:07.985, 8 Laps
5. Broc Grabham 4hr 14:21.501, 8 Laps
6. Wade Ibrahim 4hr 14:35.667, 8 Laps
7. Tim Coleman 4hr 23:38.984, 8 Laps
8. Ben Grabham 4hr 01:07.034, 7 Laps