Results feed from day one of the 2019 Red Bull Romaniacs Hard Enduro where WESS points leaders, Graham Jarvis, takes an early lead.
Romaniacs day one off road in a nutshell:
- Graham Jarvis is your day one winner. The old dog took the race lead just before the second check point and kept it until the chequered flag.
- “An easier first day than last year, I kept a good pace I didn’t do anything wrong. It was good to catch the guys early on a gain a little bit of time.” said Graham at the finish.
- Manuel Lettenbichler had a “stupid crash” near the finish line but that didn’t stop him from clinching third place.
- The early stages of the first day caused some trouble for Alfredo Gomez and Wade Young. The Spaniard crashed bending his handlebars while South African, Young hit a rock hurting his foot.
- Despite that both of them regrouped and made it to the finish with a second place for Young and fifth for Gomez rounding out a “lead group” of five riders clear of the field.
- Prologue winner, Taddy Blazusiak broke a fuel hose but Pol Tarres showed up carrying the needed parts which allowed him to continue.
- David Cyprian put in a strong performance and finishes day one sixth, mixing up with all the factory guys.
- Losing the use of both his GPS systems caused issues for Jonny Walker who made it to the finish line in sixth.
- Many heavy right-handed riders across all classes got hit with speeding penalties which affected results including Walker, Blazusiak, Will Hoare and Jonathan Richardson.
- Being first out in the woods proved not to be the ideal starting position for Pol Tarres after only managing to be ninth today.
- Billy Bolt seemed to struggle on the first off road day and arrives 13th to the finish line nearly an hour behind his team-mate.
Gold class day 1 results:
Silver class day 1 results:
Bronze class day 1 results:
Iron class day 1 results:
Full results listings from all classes on day one: RedBullRomaniacs.com/Results/2019/Day1Photo Credit: Future7Media Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.firstname.lastname@example.org