Results feed from all classes at Red Bull Romaniacs 2019. Manuel Lettenbichler takes the overall victory in dramatic last day fight with Alfredo Gomez. Graham Jarvis finishes third.
Young German rider, Manuel Lettenbichler, has take the 2019 Red Bull Romaniacs Hard Enduro Rallye, his first victory in the World Enduro Super Series – he now takes over the 2019 series points lead.
Romaniacs 2019 final day in a nutshell:
- After a gruelling battle on the last day Manuel Lettenbichler is your 2019 Red Bull Romaniacs winner, just ten years after his father, Andreas Lettenbichler, took victory.
- The lead changed constantly through the day in what became a two-horse race between Manuel Lettenbichler and Alfredo Gomez.
- The weather changed to bring rain and incredibly slippery conditions on the series of tough climbs designed to test the riders right to the last.
- Alfredo Gomez was in with a shout of the overall win all day as the lead see-sawed. In the end, in sight of the finishline, the Gusterita quarry decided the outcome in favour of Lettenbichler as Gomez struggled and lost vital time on the sandy hills.
- Taking the win and his first WESS victory, Lettenbichler said: “It was really gnarly today out there. I’m over the moon with this win, it means everything for me to win Red Bull Romaniacs. It’s a family affair now”.
- Graham Jarvis landed on the last podium spot. After pulling time back in the early stages, a fall caused him to lose both GPSs so he had to follow other riders from that point on.
- Josu Artola came home clear winner in the Silver class, 42m ahead of Sam Winterburn.
- Marcin Weglarz was the first oficial winner of the day taking the Bronze trophy.
- Anna Schmölzl makes history by winning the Iron class and being the first female rider to top a class at the Red Bull Romaniacs.
Results will update as riders finish...
Provisional Gold class overall results:
Provisional Silver class overall results:
Provisional Bronze class overall results:
Provisional Iron class overall results: