The 94th edition of the International Six Days Enduro in Portugal has been officially launched at ISDE Chile with daily routes revealed.
As is traditional at the current FIM International Six Days Enduro (ISDE) here in Chile, the details have been revealed for the following year’s event, the 94th edition to be held in Portimao, Portugal.
The Southern Portuguese region of the Algarve will play host the FIM’s oldest running motorcycle competition at the end of the 2019 enduro season – dates have yet to be sealed but October/November slot is expected.
Portugal has hosted the ISDE twice before and in 2019 will continue its run of holding the event every decade following 1999 and 2009 editions.
Pedro Mariano from the organisation for the FIM ISDE Portugal says: “daily routes will be quite different in character” with the opening two days expected to run south and west to the Atlantic coast line and the hope is to include sand tests in these days.
“Days three and four will head north and take on a very different character around the south of Portugal’s highest mountain, Monchique.” Adds Mariano. Monchique is a spectacular high point in the region and promises forest and rocky terrain by contrast to the rest of the event’s dryer going.
2019 ISDE Event details:
- Paddock and HQ at Autodromo Internacional Do Algarve, near Portimao.
- The Portimao circuit is a large, purpose-built facility for motorsport with large paddock facilities and hotels on site.
- ‘Menhir route’, days 1 + 2 will run four laps with three time checks per lap plus the paddock each lap.
- ‘Monchique Challenge’, days 3 + 4 will run four laps with three time checks per lap plus the paddock each lap.
- ‘Crossing the Barrocal’, day 5 will run 2 laps with three time checks per lap plus the paddock.
- Traditional motocross test on day 6 is 70km away at Cortelha.
- Daily routes will all return to paddock service check each lap.
- Daily routes expected to be around 300kms each.
- Each day will conclude with a test next to the paddock at the Autodromo.
- The 2019 ISDE will feature a total of 10 different test for riders plus the final MX test on day 6.
A website dedicated to the ISDE 2019 in Portimao is due to launch in the next week with more details…