The Dubai International Baja takes place this weekend, March 8-10, starting the FIM Cross Country Baja World Series and with it the 2018 Rally season.
The Dubai Baja starts a run of rally events in the Middle East during March and April, effectively the start of the Rally season after its post-Dakar snooze.
With the FIM Cross Country Rallies Championship kicking off March 24-29 at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, the top rally racers have elected not to compete in Dubai Baja – though Dubai resident Sam Sunderland has raced this event in the past.
Round two of the World Cross Country Rallies Championship takes place a month later on April 17-24 with the Qatar Cross Country Rally.
Photo Credit: PhotosDakar
FIM Baja World Cup Dates:
- March 8-10 Dubai International Baja, United Arab Emirates
- July 20-22 Baja Aragon, Spain
- August 10-12 Hungarian Baja, Hungary
FIM Cross Country Rally World Championship Dates:
- March 24-29 Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, United Arab Emirates
- April 17-22 Qatar Cross Country Rally, Qatar
- July29 – August 5 Inka Desert Challenge, Peru
- August 11-19 Atacama Rally, Chile
- August 25-31 Desafio Ruta 40, Argentina
- October 3-9 Rally du Maroc, Morocco
Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.firstname.lastname@example.org