2021 AORC: Daniel Milner “unstoppable” as Australian Enduro finally sparks into life
Daniel Milner proved unstoppable at the opening two rounds of the 2021 Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) comfortably taking the E3 class and overall wins across two days in Golden Beach.
Dusty conditions forced a race format change to three, 25-minute Super Sprints and Saturday before Sunday’s Sprint Enduro but the result was the same, KTM Australia’s Daniel Milner blitzed the field.
A winning margin of more than five minutes in class on the Saturday showed the multi-time AORC champion had been doing his homework in the 12 months off from riding. Sunday’s second round seemed more relaxed but still saw Milner comfortably ahead of Todd Waters, the next best overall on the Husqvarna Australia 4T and winner of the E2 class.
“It was a really good weekend and I couldn’t have asked for a much better start to the championship.” Said Milner. “Because I haven’t done any racing for 12 months and the fact that Golden Beach is my home round, I definitely felt some pressure to come out swinging - I probably went out a bit hard on Saturday. I didn’t expect to beat everyone by that much.
“Today the track started smooth and fast, but it got really rough by the end of the day. I had one crash on the second lap, but after that I pulled it back and made sure I rode cleanly and got to the end. I’m absolutely stoked to be back racing and to have started 2021 where I left off last year.”
E1 class the one to watch in 2021
“The tracks are brutal” commented Mason Semmens who topped the hotly contested E1 class on his debut aboard the GASGAS. He finished ahead of a rapid Kyron Bacon who’s jumped up to the senior classes with Yamaha this season and he finished ahead of reigning champ, Luke Styke. This class looks like being the hottest contest to watch this season.
E1 class contender Kyron Bacon hit the ground running in his senior class debut season...
E3 round one results:
- Daniel Milner 48:27.998 (KTM Racing Team)
- Jonte Reynders 53:08.953 (Sherco)
- Thomas McCormack 54:54.931 (KTM)
- Hayden Keeley 56:09.977 (KTM)
- Timothy Lonsdale 56:39.118 (Husqvarna)
E3 round two results:
- Daniel Milner 42:10.205 (KTM Racing Team)
- Jonte Reynders 44:33.014 (Sherco)
- Thomas McCormack 46:22.758 (KTM)
- Timothy Lonsdale 47:10.5434 (Husqvarna)
- Hayden Keeley 47:47.181 (KTM)
E2 round one results:
- Todd Waters 50:04.516 (Husqvarna Australia)
- Joshua Green 50:18.079 (Shop Yamaha) (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Michael Driscoll 51:09.007 (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Thomas Mason 52:33.497
- Stefan Granquist 52:39.486 (Yamaha Australia)
E2 round two results:
- Todd Waters 42:40.099 (Husqvarna Australia)
- Joshua Green 43:10.988 (Shop Yamaha)
- Michael Driscoll 43:45.429 (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Thomas Mason 44:05.429
- Jeremy Carpentier 44:05.836 (Ballards MXstore Off-Road Team)
E1 round one results:
- Mason Semmens 50:26.410 (Gas Gas Australia)
- Kyron Bacon 51:12.591 (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Luke Styke 51:29.631 (Shop Yamaha)
- Corey Hammond 54:20.551
- William Price 54:30.113 (Jabiru Rural Fencing)
E1 round two results:
- Mason Semmens 43:00.227 (GASGAS Australia)
- Kyron Bacon 43:58.470 (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Luke Styke 43:59.204 (Shop Yamaha)
- Corey Hammond 45:43.961
- William Price 46:44.332 (Jabiru Rural Fencing)
AORC moves north to Kyogle, NSW for Rounds 3 & 4 but not until July 17-18.
More information and full results: www.aorc.org.au
Photo Credit: AORC + KTM Australia