First look: 2024 KTM 350 XC-F Factory Edition
First look at KTM USA’s 2024 350 XC-F, the GNCC-ready off-road model – rest of the world cries let’s have it!
Yeah, yeah we get it, Some bikes are built for some ‘markets’ globally and manufacturers tailor bike sales towards demand based on the “local” scene. Yup, GNCC is big in the USA but that’s not stopping us wishing the new 2024 KTM 350 XC-F Factory Edition was available globally.
Or maybe, just maybe, what about a two-stroke version [insert thoughtful emoji here...].
In essence it’s KTM’s latest official upgrade model – like the 300 EXC Hard Enduro Edition or the Six Days models – tailored and more “ready to race” than the standard XC-F. As KTM proudly tell us, “Kailub Russell’s eight GNCC titles will forever testify to the strength of this platform” (by platform they mean bike).
The 2024 KTM 350 XC-F Factory Edition features different livery (orange frame and graphics) similar to that on the FMF KTM Factory Racing riders’ bikes plus a range of bolt-on extras upgrading the standard XC-F equipment.
2024 KTM 350 XC-F Factory Edition technical highlights:
- Factory triple clamps
- Factory wheel set
- Sump guard
- Front disc guard
- Factory Selle Dalla Valle racing seat
- FMF Factory 4.1RCT silencer
- Factory race start device
- Upgraded rear sprocket
- Solid rear brake disc
- Hinson Outer Clutch Cover
(full specifications below)
The titanium FMF FACTORY 4.1RCT Silencer shed weight and boosts torque KTM say even further, and harness even more potential from the 350cc DOHC engine.
Other additions are aimed at making the bike fit for racing including the fork-mounted Factory Start Device with two selectable preloads to help standing starts.
The rear sprocket is claimed to be lighter, stronger and “helps to reduce rotating masses and vibration” KTM say.
CNC-milled aluminium and anodised Factory Triple Clamps up front have adjustable off-set and improve steering precision and handling working with the 48mm closed cartridge WP forks.
The Factory Wheel Set is a cool addition for more strength, saving weight also with sweet anodised hubs and aluminium spoke nipples.
The stainless steel front wave brake disc is standard but is a floating unit with an anodised inner-ring, differing from standard model, while the rear solid disc is more about consistent power through those long, three-hour races.
The two-component, injection-moulded front brake disc guard is another bonus along with the Hinson outer clutch cover, nice and tall (up the front of the engine) skid plate and the ribbed factory seat.
Full factory edition specification:
- Exclusive FMF KTM Factory Racing graphics
- FMF Slip-On silencer further improves the low-end grunt of the 350 cc engine while reducing weight thanks to its titanium construction
- Factory triple clamps anodized in orange deliver perfect fork clamping for enhanced suspension performance and front end feel, and adjust between 20 or 22 mm offset
- KTM Factory wheels featuring DID DirtStar rims laced to fully CNC-machined orange anodized hubs guarantee minimal weight at maximum stability.
- Dunlop MX33 front and AT81 rear tires ensure maximum cross country performance.
- Factory holeshot device in the fork guards, composite skid plate, orange rear aluminum sprocket and Selle Dalla Valle seat provide the ultimate race-ready touches.
- Map select switch changes engine character depending on track conditions and rider preference.
- New WP XACT Closed Cartridge spring fork provides more linear and consistent character across long races and features a hydro stop for holdup against big hits.
- Updated WP XACT rear shock settings to maintain perfect balance with the new front fork.
- Compact, powerful SOHC engine with optimal mass centralization is positioned for ideal anti-squat.
- Innovative Quickshifter function allows clutchless upshifts from 2nd to 5th gear.
- Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers highly controllable modulation and light operation.
- High-tech Brembo brakes are combined with a Semi-floating front and a solid rear disc, including a front brake disc guard.
Standard 350 XC-F Specifications:
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 349.7 cc
Bore / Stroke: 88 / 57.5 mm
Compression Ratio: 14.6:1
Starter/Battery: Electric Starter / 12.8V, 2 Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 44 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
Primary Ratio: 24:72
Final Drive: 14:47
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminum reinforced Polyamide
Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT Closed Cartridge Fork, Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 / 300 mm; 11.81 / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18”
Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 110/100-18” Dunlop MX33/AT81
Chain: 520, X Ring
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,493 mm ± 10 mm / 58.7 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 343 mm / 13.5 in
Seat Height: 954 mm / 37.5 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 8.5 L / 2.24 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 105.2 kg / 231.9 lb
The 2024 KTM 350 XC-F Factory Edition is available now at authorised KTM USA dealers (lobby your dealer if you’re anywhere else in the world…).
At time of writing no retail price is released.
More information: www.ktm.com