First look: Beta reveal new 2021 RR Racing models
Beta has launched the 2021 RR Racing models, the higher specification two and four-stroke machines raced at the highest level in world enduro by Brad Freeman and Steve Holcombe – MY21 line-up includes a Racing RR 200cc.
The Racing version of the Beta RR enduro range – launched in June 2020 – arrives in its usual autumn slot from the Italian manufacturer. Their “real ready-to-race motorcycle” does exactly what it says on the tin and arrives equipped with higher specification components and as they say is better prepared for a higher level of competition.
Beta say their engineers have focused on developing a high-end set-up for the MY21 Racing which includes aesthetic and functional details you’ll find on the Factory Racing machines in the EnduroGP paddock that reduce weight and improve performance in race conditions. It’s a fact that Steve Holcombe and Brad Freeman are dominating the World Enduro circuit racing on these bikes.
For 2021 the Racing range welcomes the new addition of the 200 2T to complete an eight model line-up: 125, 200, 250, 300cc two-strokes and 350, 390, 430 and 480cc four-strokes.
Racing RR model technical highlights including “bespoke” KYB forks
Kayaba AOS forks 48mm sit in black anodised triple clamps with the latest generation the new KYB spring forks feature the closed-cartridge design and are renowned worldwide for their high quality and for being ready for high level racing.
Beta say close collaboration with Kayaba has “created a bespoke product which features a new fork shoe design and a unique calibration reserved for the RR models.”
Anodized internal components (at the time of writing it is not clear which components) minimizes sliding friction. Compression and rebound adjusters allow easy adjustment for preferred settings on this ultra-reliable and easy to tune fork.
Beta stick with the ZF 46mm shock absorber at the rear (this is the same as used by Holcombe and Freeman in EnduroGP don’t forget) but with new, refined setting to work better with the new chassis.
Premix fuel required
Beta R&D department has, as previously with the Racing models, dispensed with the automatic fuel/oil mixer fitted as standard on the RR models to reduce bike weight as much as possible. The two-stroke RR Racing MY 2021 machines run on oil/gas premix as “normal” although the oil mixer can be installed as an after-market accessory from the Beta parts catalogue if required.
Racing model additional components:
- Quick release front wheel pin
- Vertigo hand guards with in-mold graphics
- Metzeler Six Days tyres as used by multiple world champion Steve Holcombe
- Black Ergal footrests with a broad contact surface and steel pegs for increased grip and a longer lifespan
- Rear sprocket with anodized aluminium core and steel teeth
- Red Ergal chain tensioner blocks
- Racing seat with document pocket
- Black anodized shift/brake levers
- Red anodized aluminium transmission oil cap, engine oil cap and oil filter cap
- Racing graphics and red rim stickers
- New expansion chamber on the 125 2T improves the entire power curve, especially at high revs where it boosts acceleration
Availability: October 2020