EnduroGP results: Freeman and Garcia blitz the Friday night Super Test
Results and video highlights from the opening test of the weekend, the Friday night Super Test at round five of the 2021 FIM EnduroGP World Championship in Portugal where Brad Freeman and Josep Garcia have hauled near identical fastest times.
Santiago do Cacem EnduroGP Super Test in a nutshell:
- A SuperEnduro-style Super Test opened the show for round five of the EnduroGP season, our second visit to Portugal this year after the German GP was cancelled.
- Riders didn’t have to travel far to clock their opening times of the weekend, the test was basically in the paddock and featured a course with littered with SuperEnduro-style obstacles pitched into sand.
- Joe Wootton again proved he is king of a Portuguese Super Test (he was fastest at Portugal I back in June) with a time of 1:30.44 which stood up top for a long time.
- But the Brit had to settle for third in the end after two missiles came along, one red and one orange, and busted the 1:30 barrier by a clear two seconds.
- Brad Freeman on the red Beta and Josep Garcia on the orange KTM were separated by just over a tenth of a second at the timing beam to score the fastest times on the intense test and lay down a marker for the weekend ahead.
- Topping the Junior time sheets and looking smooth on the TM, Lorenzo Macoritto clocked an impressive 1:32.95, two and a half seconds faster than rivals Enrico Zilli with Sergio Navarro third.
- Normal service was the order of the day in the Youth 125 class with championship leader Albin Norrbin laying down the fastest time, a fast 1:37.79. Harry Edmondson was second narrowly faster than Sami Puhakainen, both were in the 1:39s.
- Belgian Maxime Warenghien went fastest in the Open class ahead of Harry Houghton and Zdenek Pitel.
Video highlights of the Super Test:
Portugal II Super Test results:
Photo Credit: Future7Media | Andrea Belluschi