2021 Erzbergrodeo cancelled – it’s official
The 2021 Red Bull Erzbergrodeo, previously set to be round two of the Hard Enduro World Championship, has been cancelled for the second year in a row due to pandemic restrictions.
It’s the news we’d been expecting since rumours started to circulate a week ago but the organisers of the iconic ‘festival’ of Hard Enduro in the infamous Eisenerz quarry on June 3-6 have confirmed the race will not now happen.
In a statement released today, May 10, Erzberg organisers say after evaluating new regulations implemented by the Austrian government on April 24, “Compliance with the new regulations and guidelines of the Austrian federal government makes it impossible to hold the Red Bull Erzbergrodeo 2021.”
“We fought to the end and played through every possible scenario, in the end all we have to do is decline.” Says Red Bull Erzbergrodeo director Karl Katoch.
On the back of the Extreme XL Lagares cancellation at the last minute, this reduces the Hard Enduro World Championship to just six rounds which will now begin in Italy at the new event, Abestone Hard Enduro, on July 10-11.
“We are now looking to the future and are fully focused on the Red Bull Erzbergrodeo 2022.” Says Katoch. “I would like to thank all participants, partners, supporters and our crew for the unbridled enthusiasm for the Red Bull Erzbergrodeo.
“We will return in full strength in 2022 and celebrate the extreme enduro sport together with motorcycle off-road athletes and fans from all over the world.”
The 2022 Red Bull Erzbergrodeo dates: June 16-19.
As part of the Red Bull Erzbergrodeo COVID-19 guarantee, all registered participants will be reimbursed their entire entry fee without any deductions. The same applies to all visitors who have already purchased an entry ticket or a VIP ticket for the 2021 event. More information will be published shortly on www.redbullerzbergrodeo.com
Photo Credit: Future7Media