First look: Polisport quick release off-road Fortress Skid Plate
Tools-free, rapid installation and removal make Polisport’s innovative Fortress Skid Plate particularly good for dropping out the dirt on those mudder days on track.
Available for recent model KTM and Husqvarna enduro, off-road and motocross models, the Fortress Skid plates’ USP is the innovative quick release system which makes installation about as simple a process as it could be.
The moulded plastic Polisport design fits to the rear, lower cross rail on KTM and Husqvarna frames, clipping and holding in place just like the OEM plastic plates do. The front mounting kit simply bolts in place on the down tubes and then allows the clip on the plate to be quickly and simply attached or removed in seconds. Polisport also say the plate can be attached with front bolts for those models with that option as standard if you don’t want to use the quick release system.
Polisport Fortress Skid Plate features:
- Durable and resistant injection moulded plastic
- Full coverage of the engine underside and frame rails
- Mounting kit included for a simple and quick installation
- Available with and without linkage protection
- Lighter and quieter than metal plates
- Slim fit helps reduce mud, dirt or rocks build up between the protector and the frame
- Includes air intakes to cool the engine
- Model specific design for perfect fit
- Available in black, white and orange
Polisport say the Fortress is the easiest skid plate to install and remove on the market and a real bonus for enduro and off-road riding in wet conditions. Where mud builds up the plate can be dropped down quickly at the trackside.
Watch the ‘how it works’ video:
More information and stockists: Polisport.com