EnduroGP results: Oldrati blasts Friday Super Test win
Results from the Friday night Super Test at round six of the 2021 FIM EnduroGP World Championship in Langeac, France where Thomas Oldrati set a blistering time ahead of Brad Freeman on the spectacular track which claimed many victims under the floodlights.
2021 EnduroGP of France Friday Super Test in a nutshell:
- Friday night Super Tests always have an awesome atmosphere in France and Langeac did not disappoint tonight. The long test (by usual standards) was a fast one but contained some technical sections, including a rocks-to-logs-to-rocks matrix which brought plenty of entertainment for the crowd.
- Tradition dictates riders run in reverse order – Open class, Women, Youth, Juniors and then EGP senior classes – and it was a long time before anyone went faster than the impressive times laid down by the fastest Junior riders.
- Matteo Cavallo was the first senior rider to do that before Thomas Oldrati laid down a marker and busted the two-minute barrier with a 1:59.05 lap. The wait was a long one but the Honda RedMoto rider remained the fastest on the night.
- Only Brad Freeman and Jaume Betriu, second and third fastest, also dipped under two minutes while a lot of the big hitters made mistakes including Josep Garcia who finished 16th.
- Bernat Cortes clocked the fastest time in the Juniors as the championship contenders, Pavoni and Macoritto, also fell foul to the rocks and finished 27nd and 22th respectively. Bernat clocked 2:02.64, quickest by the narrowest of margins from Antoine Criq and Jed Etchells – all three were separated by three tenths (the next three riders were seperated by one tenth).
- French Youths kept the crowd happy on their 125s with Thibault Giraudon and Leo Joyon taking top two places ahead of Harry Edmondson – all were within the 2:07 bracket in this long Super Test.
- Jane Daniels came out swinging at this final GP with a time almost four seconds faster than Laia Sanz with Mireia Badia third in the Women’s title fight.
- Maxime Warenghien took another test win in the Open class, topping the scratch result ahead of Mark Szoke and Corentin Poutignat.
EnduroGP of France Super Test results:
Photo Credit: Future7Media | Andrea Belluschi