Results feed: ISDE 2019 Day 1 – Australia take charge
Results feed from day one at the International Six Days Enduro 2019 in Portimao, Portugal – Daniel Sanders and Team Australia set the pace.
Day one at the 2019 International Six Days Enduro in Portugal in a nutshell:
- The Australian World Trophy team pick up where they left of 12 months ago with an opening day lead, just 19s ahead of Team USA.
- Daniel Sanders set the pace individually finishing over 30 seconds clear of Josep Garcia in second.
- Ryan Sipes was arguably a surprise top placed Team USA rider in third overall less than half a second ahead of Taylor Robert with Kailub Russell fourth building a strong team result.
- A close battle in the Juniors individually saw many of the top contenders close on times with Theo Espinasse setting a fastest overall time on test three in the morning.
- Fraser Higlett took the overall Junior result though to help Australia take the early lead in the Junior Trophy. Higlett and Espinasse were P7 and P8 overall respectively.
- Test three proved to be Brad Freeman’s down fall. Sadly for the EnduroGP World Champion a relatively simple crash resulted in a broken wrist putting him out of the ISDE World Trophy for Team GB.
- Brandy Richards and Maria Franke set the pace in the Women’s Trophy class with Richards ending the day 15s clear in front. Tayla Jones meanwhile took a slower start 1m34s behind in third.
- Overall in the Women's Trophy Franke leads the German team to a solid start to place five seconds ahead of USA with defending champions, Australia third just over one minute down.
*results will update as they become available.
World Trophy Day 1:
Category 1 (Overall E1, E2, E3 classes):
Junior Trophy day 1:
Women’s World Trophy day 1:
Category 2, Women’s individual:
Category 3, Club Team results, day 1:
Photo Credit: Future7Media/Andrea Belluschi