SuperEnduro World Championship results from round one of 2020 season in Krakow, Poland which saw Billy Bolt take the early championship lead.
SuperEnduro round 1, Krakow in a nutshell:
- Billy Bolt takes an early championship lead in the 2020 SuperEnduro World Championship with a 1-2-1 scorecard in Krakow.
- Bolt took the slightly nervy race one victory after setting the clear fastest time in Superpole – we say nervy because it was a scrappy affair for many riders on a strength-sapping track. His third moto win however was a convincing one to seal overall victory.
- In fact the track was typically tough with no let up and as is often the case in Poland, the dirt was sapping of both power and energy giving the riders a hard time.
- Taddy Blazusiak staged a comeback in the second final fighting his way quickly forward from the reverse grid start to win ahead of Bolt and Alfredo Gomez third. But it wasn't enough for Taddy overall who finished one step down on the podium for the first time in four years.
- Jonny Walker joined Bolt as one of two clearly fastest riders on a single lap for Superpole but crashes on the night hampered his results and the last moto saw him lapped by the leading duo.
- Walker wasn’t alone in the final moto, Bolt and Blazusiak lapped the entire field including third placed overall Alfredo Gomez – Alfredo's 3-3-3 scorecard was all about his consistency.
- Ty Cullins takes the early points lead in the Juniors but not without a fight. Taking a healthy lead in race one and a close second in race two, Cullins initially bossed the final moto before mistakes and some extremely tired arms saw the TM rider take third behind Leon Hentschel.
- The Juniors top three are tight though with Cullins on 52 points, Hentschel and race two winner, Teodor Kabakchiev both on 50 points.
- Magnus Thor from Sweden took the top step of the podium in the first European round of the season.
Prestige final 1:
Prestige final 2:
Prestige final 3:
Junior final 1:
Junior final 2:
Junior final 3:
European finals 1 + 2 :Photo Credit: Enduro21/Andea Belluschi/Robert Lynn Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.firstname.lastname@example.org