Video highlights of the 2019 Portuguese Hard Enduro Series – Sherco Hard Enduro globetrotter, Mario Roman, makes it two wins from two rounds at Chaves Extreme Enduro.
The Chaves Extreme Enduro, round two of the Portuguese Hard Enduro Series (PHES), saw Sherco Factory rider Mario Roman take victory ahead of local rider Diogo Vieira and Spaniard, Eloi Salsench.
Eloi Salsench set the fastest time in the morning prologue to determine starting order for the afternoon’s four-hour Extreme race.
Roman quickly showed he had the pace in the main event however, leading most of the race with Diogo Vieira the only rider running him close during the early laps. Roman increased his lead as the race went on, finishing with a clear 20 minutes advantage over Vieira.
Second place was good for Vieira after he ran out of fuel half way through lap two and had to seek help from other riders to get his bike fired up again, losing a stack of time.
Eloi Salsench put his KTM in the third position after that prologue pace. Battling with Nacho Fernandez early on, Salsench pulled a half an hour gap from the fellow Spaniard rider by the flag.
The win in Chaves Extreme also meant that Roman is the champion of the new Copa Ibérica de Extrem Enduro, a new championship that runs half in Spain and half in Portugal.
2019 Chaves Extreme results:
- Mario Roman (Sherco Racing) 3:51:36.50
- Diogo Vieira (Raposeira Bubbles Racing Team) 4:12:08.250
- Eloi Salsench (Zona Padock) 4:26:31.750
- Nacho Fernandez 3:02:15.593
- Ricardo Damil (Official Damil / MotoExtreme) 3:10:31.968
- Calors Rivero Gutierrez (Torremotor) 3:56:50.656
- Luis Silva (Cayote Extreme) 4:00:50.656
- Aleksi Vilkko (LrMp) 4:15:00.281
- Manuel Quintana Bedoya (Torremotor) 4:22:03.109
- Nuno Flipe (Kebabs e company) 4:25:19.125
PHES returns for round three, the Mosaraz Extreme on April 7.
More information: PHES Facebook page
Igor AguadoEnduro21 Junior Editorigor.email@example.com