First look: Fantic XEF 250 four-stroke
Hot on the heels of the 2021 XE 125 and XX 125 two-stroke launch this week is the news from Fantic Motor they are adding a 250 four-stroke enduro model to their off-road range.
Fantic had a busy time launching new 125 2T enduro and motocross models but the interesting news alongside the main launch was the unveiling of a prototype XEF 250 4T model.
The new 250 4T Enduro, which will be available as early as November 2020 claim Fantic, follows the theme of its smaller displacement siblings being based on the Yamaha YZ250F but with upgrades and very much a race-ready spec.
Fantic say the XEF 250 will be Euro5 compatible and bike in collaboration with Athena-GET, riders will be able to adapt the mapping of the new ECU to any kind of terrain or conditions, thanks to the use of a smartphone APP.
Again, like the other models, the 250 4T will feature an Arrow exhaust system straight out the showroom, Kayaba (KYB) suspension Nissin brakes, DID rims and Dunlop Geomax EN91 tyres all as standard.
Fantic XEF 250 technical specifications:
- Engine: Single-cylinder 4-stroke, liquid cooled, 4v, DOHC
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Induction: Fuel Injection
- Bore: 77.0 mm
- Stroke: 53.6 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.8: 1
- Ignition system: TCI
- Starting system: Electric starter
- Lubrication system: Wet sump
- Transmission: six-speed
- Clutch: Wet, multiple-disc
- Chassis: Aluminium, semi double cradle
- Caster angle: 27.2°
- Trail: 116 mm
- Rear frame: Aluminium
- Swingarm: Aluminium with variable section and progressive link
- Rims: 21 x 1.60 – 18 x 2.15
- Tyres: Dunlop EN91 90/90 x 21 - 140/90 x 18
- Brakes: Hydraulic disc ø270mm - Hydraulic disc ø245mm
- Front suspension: KYB ø48 mm, fully adjustable, wheel travel 310 mm
- Rear suspension: KYB, fully adjustable, wheel travel 317 mm
- Dimensions: Length: 2175 mm
- Width: 825 mm
- Height: 1270 mm
- Seat height: 955 mm
- Wheelbase: 1480 mm
- Curb weight: 115 kg
- Fuel capacity: 7.9 l
- Engine capacity: 0.95 l
More information: Fantic-Motor.com