First look: new USWE RAW 8 hydration pack
Hydration packs specialists USWE have launched a new RAW 8 pack specifically designed for Enduro and Off-Road use on the track or trail.
In the world of off-road clothing and products the sport of Enduro often has to share with that MX crowd – things get designed for that sport first and adapted or stand under a general “off road” umbrella.
USWE bucks that trend with the RAW series of hydration packs specifically designed and built for our sport Enduro as well as naturally trail and adventure riding too.
The new RAW 8 hydration pack key features:
- Bounce free No Dancing Monkey 1.2 harness system with integrated elastic straps expands with the chest during physical exertion for constant and compliant fit
- Ventilated shoulder straps ergonomically designed for comfort and even distribution over the shoulders
- Air-vented back panel with wave-profile pads for optimal comfort and airflow
- 3.0L/100oz Elite hydration bladder with a slider opening for easy cleaning/drying and to make it possible to put ice inside the bladder during hot conditions
- Bladder equipped with a smooth ‘Plug-n-Play’ tube coupling for extra secure and easy handling
- Big main compartment with 8 litre total capacity
- 2x zippered organizer pockets with a large opening area
- 2x tube clips secure attachment for the drink tube
- Tube port – if using the USWE helmet handsfree kit (kit not included with the pack)
- External gear carry attachment points
- Reflective points for night visibility
Check out USWE’s video presentation of the RAW 8 pack featuring Mani Lettenbichler…
We’re no strangers to USWE hydration packs at Enduro21 and can confirm the ‘No Dancing Monkey’ selling point is a fact and not just a great tag line. A practical fact about the strap system is that it is adjustable depending on what you're wearing, from just a thin race shirt, with chest and back protector on or with a big Adventure jacket.
Practically speaking their pack designs are on the money for trail riding or events like Romaniacs too, for example where you need to carry some crucial tools and an additional waterproof layer. They are tough as old boots and can take a beating if you have a get-off or two on those mountain descents.
The new RAW 8 new pack has a practical main storage compartment for the hydration bladder and gear, plus two zippered organizer pockets for tools, equipment, phone and food. A bonus with this new pack is the external strapping where you can attach your jacket or extra equipment if needed.
USWE’s RAW series of hydration packs come in three models: Raw 3, RAW 8 and RAW 12
Colours: Orange/black, grey/black and blue/black with flouro patches.
Sizes: M - XL, Chest Circumference (84 - 110cm/33 - 43")
Cost: $139.95/£119.95/€139.95 (RAW 8 model)
More information: www.uswe-sports.com/shop