2022 Hixpania Hard Enduro results: Gomez wins prologue qualifying on day 1 in Spain
Results from the SuperEnduro-style street prologue at the Hixpania Hard Enduro, the final round of the 2022 FIM Hard Enduro World Championship in Spain where Alfredo Gomez has topped the time sheets ahead of Mani Lettenbichler and Taddy Blazusiak.
2022 Hixpania day one in a nutshell:
- Friday sparked into life with riders form across the classes racing “SuperEncierro” qualification races at the Hixpania Village Endurocross track. Fastest qualifiers progressed through to the night prologue finals in the dramatic main square of host town, Aguilar de Campoo.
- With many of the Pro rider not making an appearance until everything decamped to the prologue course it was a busy afternoon for many and an evening kicking back to watch HEWC regulars duke it out.
- Come the evening races it was great to have the atmosphere and the crowds back in the city and they were right behind their Spanish riders.
- Alfredo Gomez was setting the fastest laps in the semi-final races although it was Manuel Lettenbichler who took victory in semi one, Trystan Hart in semi two. Taddy Blazusiak was also back in HEWC action and putting his EnduroCross form to good use here in Spain.
- Gomez then carried that speed through to the final where he made a good start behind Mario Roman and Taddy Blazusiak. When Taddy “gave it away” with a mistake, Alfredo took his chance to make the pass and as they hit lappers, as Mario said “you had to be lucky” and Alfredo rode the luck. Gomez has been fast in almost all HEWC prologue races and as the reigning Hixpania champ, he set himself up nicely to repeat that tonight.
- Mani Lettenbichler was second but not without a lot of hard work after crashes on the opening lap including coming together with Taddy. But after “a lot of hard work” clocked P2 on the night.
- In truth the top four were not far apart with Gomez and Lettenbichler 10 metres or so ahead of Taddy (third) and Mario just fourth. Trystan Hart finished P5, two seconds back and the only other rider to complete 12 laps.
- Mitchell Brightmore topped the “B” final or last chance race as the organisers had it and the top two, Brightmore and Jack Price went through to the main final where Mitch clocked an impressive top 10 finish on the Rieju.
SuperEncierro Caballeros street prologue final results:
SuperEncierro Caballeros street prologue last chance, B final results:
Photo Credit: Future7Media | Andrea Belluschi + Nicki Martinez