HEWC: Billy Bolt fastest in Abestone Hard Enduro Time Trial
Results from the Abestone round of the 2021 Hard Enduro World Championship in Italy where Billy Bolt was in command of the Time Trial runs ahead of Lettenbichler and Blazusiak.
Abestone Hard Enduro, Day 2 in a nutshell:
- Riders faced three attempts on 10 kilometre Time Trial course which qualified the top 50 riders for the main Abestone Hard Enduro race tomorrow, Sunday.
- Setting off first, Bolt went fastest in each of the three runs, progressively shaving his time to finish on 8:13.36 which was just under 13 seconds faster than Manuel Lettenbichler.
- Mani posted P2 on each of his three runs and set his fastest time on the second run.
- Taddy Blazusiak was third with a near identical best time to Jonny Walker in fourth.
- Wade Young was one of the few riders to go faster on his third and final run to make it five different manufacturers in the top five.
- A number of riders did not bother with the third Time Trial run, including Jarvis and Blazusiak who preferred to save their energy for the main race tomorrow.
- Sunday will see the bulk of the entry take on the mountainous main course in a morning race ahead of a Super Final main race for today’s top 50 on two, 20-kilometre laps.
HEWC Abestone Hard Enduro Time Trial results (top 30):
Photo Credit: Future7Media | Andrea Belluschi