Event Highlights: 2019 French EnduroGP – Junior and Youth
Junior and Youth highlights from the decisive final round of the 2019 EnduroGP championship in Ambert, France.
The Junior 1 and overall championships already belonged to Andrea Verona arriving at the final round of the 2019 season but there was plenty still to play for on the tough French tests.
- With Verona moving up early to race E1 class, Will Ruprecht and Theo Espinasse took the chance to step-up and claimed the J1 and overall wins.
- With his points haul on home soil, Espinasse claimed second spot in the J1 standings with compatriot Antoine Magain third.
- The technical French enduro track took a good bite out of Junior 2 title favourite, Enric Francisco. Riding injured, he finished 13th on day one but it was enough to claim the 2019 J2 crown.
- Jack Edmondson was also out with a wrist injury picked up at the previous round but he had enough points to claim second position in the J2 championship.
- Ruy Barbosa was one rider finishing the season (his rookie season in the Juniors) on a high by winning the Junior 2 class both days, ultimately achieving the third place in the championship.
- In the Youth class the title went to Hamish MacDonald with two third place finishes at the FrenchGP. Claudio Spanu and Matteo Pavoni claimed second and third in the championship standings.
- In the multi-national Youth class, the French GP day wins went to Belgian Nathan Bererd on Saturday and Spaniard Sergio Navarro on day two.
Photo Credit: Future7Media