24-year-old Chilean rider, Benjamin Herrera has signed for the Beta Factory Enduro Team alongside World Champion Steve Holcombe for the 2019 EnduroGP season.
Herrera, pictured with Beta Factory Enduro Team manager Fabrizio Dini, has been riding with support from the Chilean Beta importers but moves up to the factory squad to race the RR 350 four-stroke model for 2019.
For Beta, Herrera’s promotion is an important one that completes the two-rider Beta Factory squad alongside EnduroGP World Champion, Steve Holcombe.
“I am very pleased I signed this new contract,” says Herrera. “It’s a dream come true. I've always wanted to become an official rider and now it’s amazing.
“The aim is to achieve good results both in the World Enduro Championship and in the Assoluti d’Italia in the E2 class. I’m well aware of the value of the Beta brand, since last year I raced with this bike, even if not as an official rider, and I really like the RR.”
The Italian National Enduro Championship, Assoluti d’Italia, will is the first major race for the Beta Factory Enduro Team this weekend, March 2-3 in Gioia dei Marsi. The first round of the Enduro World Championship is scheduled for March 22 in Dahlen, Germany.
2019 Enduro World Championship calendar:
- March 22-24, Dahlem, Germany
- May 03-05, Valpacos, Portugal
- May 10-12, Santiago De Compostela, Spain
- June 14-16, Ajaccio, Corsica
- June 21-23, Rovetta, Italy
- September 13-15, Uhlirske Janovice, Czech Republic
- September 27-29, Ambert, France
2019 Assoluti D’italia calendar:
- March 02-03, Gioia Dei Marsi
- March 31, Arma Di Taggia
- March 4, Pontremoli
- June 01-02, Sant’angelo In Vado
- July 14, Crespano Del Grappa
- July 05-06, Gaggio Montano
Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.firstname.lastname@example.org