Results feed from day two of Red Bull Romaniacs Hard Enduro, 2019 – Alfredo Gomez takes a clear advantage while mechanical issues and a foot injury take reigning champion, Wade Young out of the race.
A dramatic off road day two at the 2019 Red Bull Romaniacs, round five of WESS, sees Alfredo Gomez on a mission, taking the lead on corrected time during the early stages and pulling five minutes in the overall standings.
Romaniacs off road day two in a nutshell:
- Alfredo Gomez set fastest times in seven of the 10 checkpoints to pull over six minutes on the day and five minutes on the overall leaderboard.
- “I was on the hunt the whole day chasing the boys and I had a good pace,” said Gomez at the finish. “I’m really happy with my riding. I hope I can keep pushing like today tomorrow and Saturday and I can win”.
- Faster tracks for day two didn’t suit Graham Jarvis quite so well but he was certainly fast enough for P2 (after bing given soem time back for good behaviour/opening gates because he was the track leader) and now sits second overall – five minutes behind Gomez.
- Manuel Lettenbichler continues his strong performance with P3 and continues to sit third overall.
- Mario Roman keeps it steady for day two by clinching another fourth place finish and remains in contention for the podium at least.
- Bad luck for his Sherco team-mate Wade Young though who had to return to the service truck at the start after his Sherco had a suspected gear selector shaft problem before then conceeding the event with the injury to his foot sustained on day one.
- It was a day for the top 10 riders to step up a gear with the likes of Jonny Walker, Taddy Blazusiak and Billy Bolt (fifth, sixth and seventh respectively) on the gas early. Taddy particularly was setting competitive check times when compared to the lead riders.
- Prologue podium pilot, Pol Tarres came off second best in a fight with a tree, damaging himself and costing the Spanish rider around 20 minutes in bike repair time.
Results from all classes will update as riders finish...
Gold class day 2 results:
Silver class day 2 results:
Bronze class day 2 results:
Iron class day 2 results:Photo Credit: Future7Media Jon PearsonEnduro21 Editor and Bike Testerjon.email@example.com