New Kawasaki XC cross-country models now available in Europe
Kawasaki Motors have announced the new 2021 Kawasaki KX250XC and KX450XC cross-country models will be available across Europe from November.
The news of Kawasaki stepping back into the off-road market broke amid what has been a busy few weeks for new models in the enduro world. Initially the availability of the new XC bikes looked set for North America and Australia but Kawasaki Motors have extended that into Europe now as well – at the time of writing that includes UK, Sweden and certain distributors in other EU countries (check with your country).
Based on the Kawasaki KX range, both KX250XC and KX450XC cross-country models have specific XC tuning in the engine, suspension plus unique brakes, wheel size, gearing, enduro tyres, side stands and skid plates to suit closed-course enduro racing.
Kawasaki’s XC model highlights (shared by both models):
- Optimised engine maps deliver the ideal amount of useable power for XC riding situations
- Large diameter brakes with XC specific pads
- Race ready suspension directly from the KX250 (for the KX250XC) and KX450 (for the KX450XC), with spring rates and damping settings optimised for XC riding
- XC-specific wheels (F21”/R18”) and Dunlop AT81 enduro-type tyres are well-suited to the situations encountered in XC riding
- 51/13 final gearing (shorter than the 50/13 of the KX250 and KX450) facilitates rear wheel traction control in cross-country riding situations
- KX factory-style skid plate and side stand are both standard equipment
- Weight saving and high RPM performance thanks to MotoGP derived finger follower valve technology
- Electric start
- Hydraulic clutch offering more direct feel and lighter lever action, plus race-long durability and reliability
- Launch Control Mode gives riders the holeshot advantage
- Exceptional ergonomics with adjustable handlebar and footpeg positions, plus a narrow frame and minimalistic bodywork
- Plug-and-play engine mapping with DFI couplers (plugs) and precision tuning available when using the KX FI Calibration kit genuine accessory
Anticipated availability in the UK (and Europe): from November 2020
Anticipated RRP: £7599 (250XC) and £7999 (450XC)