2023 Extreme XL Lagares – opens entries, race details revealed
Portugal’s hard Enduro classic, Extreme XL Lagares, opens its doors today, December 1 for the 18th edition of the race based near Porto on May 5, 6, 7 – race director reveals next year’s race details.
With race dates already announced for May 5-7, the 2023 Extreme XL Lagares will already be in many people’s calendars. December 1 marks the day the entries open for the hugely popular event in Porto, Enduro21 caught up with race director Paulo Moreira for some details of the ’23 event...
DAY 1 (5 May)
- Prologue in Boticas village next to main paddock where the race office is also located.
- The prologue will be around two hours long with a 1.5km urban circuit and also stretching into the nearby woods at Serra do Leiranco.
- Day one also includes the race dinner for riders, prize giving and briefing for the next day.
DAY 2 (6 May)
- Second day moves to a new paddock in Vila Nova de Gaia, inside the military compound
- Between 10:00 and 14:00hrs Endurocross training and timed training runs
- 15:00hrs Super Special test in Cais de Gaia (in front of the famous water front and river setting)
- 20:00hrs sees the best 10 riders from each class race an Endurocross final with bonus times awarded for the main race start.
(10 best times are the sum of day 1 plus Endurocross training and the Super Special results).
DAY 3 (7 May)
- Main race day which consists a single, long lap of around 60km.
- 2023 edition will feature new tracks linking with sections familiar from previous editions.
- It will be hard in places!!
More information: www.extremelagares.com