Red Bull Romaniacs: Results feed, Time Trial qualification win for Wade Young
Wade Young opens the 2021 Red Bull Romaniacs with fastest Time Trial qualification run on the opening day’s off-road action at round four of the Hard Enduro World Championship.
Romaniacs Time Trial in a nutshell:
- Action began at dawn just outside Sibiu on a dry course in some of the more tame Carpathian Mountains foothills (though still not easy) for just a taster of what lies ahead.
- Gold class riders were away at 08:00 in minute intervals with riders across the classes setting times to determine start order for Offroad day one tomorrow.
- 2018 winner Wade Young laid down his marker on the Sherco by setting the fastest time of 37:42s on the short (ish) time trial qualification run.
- Teodor Kabachiev is a serial fast qualifier and one to watch this week. P2, 19 seconds slower than Young shows the Bulgarian is intent on improving his eighth place finish from 2020.
- Alfredo Gomez was top dog in the Rockstar Husqvarna team with third place, just over one minute down on Young and just under a minute ahead of reigning champ Mani Lettenbichler (who lost time early on after a minor crash) with Taddy Blazusiak finishing fifth.
- Graham Jarvis began his 2021 Romaniacs campaign qualifying in sixth (just one second behind Taddy) ahead of rookie Trystan Hart getting his first taste of the Romanian dirt.
- A gaggle of riders were further down the order than you would expect including HEWC round one winner Billy Bolt uncharacteristically in 10th, 3:10s down on Wade. Equally Mario Roman was 11th ahead of two-time winner Jonny Walker in 12th. Cody Webb began his rookie Romaniacs in 15th, four minutes back on the standard time.
- Webb’s FactoryONE Sherco teammate from the USA made a solid start in the Silver class with the fastest time of 28:52s. Different classes have sections modified to be easier as you drop down from Gold through to Atom.
- Pol Tarres began his campaign on the Yamaha Tenere 700 by placing ninth and over two minutes down on Valentin Rehrl who set standard time in the Bronze class.
* story will update
2021 Red Bull Romaniacs Time Trial qualification results, Gold class:
Photo Credit: Future7Media | Andrea Belluschi + Red Bull Content Pool | Mihai Stetcu + Attila Szabo