SuperEnduro GP of Germany 2: Bolt on top – Walker and Haaker duke it out for P2
Results from the final round of the 2022 SuperEnduro World Championship in Riesa, Germany – Billy Bolt takes another perfect result in a perfect season but all eyes were on the fight for second between Jonny Walker and Colton Haaker...
SuperEnduro GP of Germany 2, round four in a nutshell:
- Just eight riders lined up in the Prestige class for the final motos of the 2022 season after both Taddy Blazusiak and Cody Webb were ruled out with broken wrists sustained last night at Germany 1.
- Ignoring the newly crowned SuperEnduro World Champion Billy Bolt for a moment, the second night in the Sachsen Arena was all about the fight for second in the championship between Jonny Walker and Colton Haaker. Walker had an eight points advantage before this weekend but Colton ate that advantage up last night with a consistent 2-2-2 scorecard to leave them level on 181 points.
- Bolt set the fastest Superpole time – giving him the Akrapovic Superpole crown for the whole season – ahead of Walker, a second faster than Haaker.
- Heat one saw Bolt grab the holeshot and take yet another comfortable win (lapping everyone up to third place). Jonny grabbed P2 off the start and made it stick once Colton made a mistake on lap two. It gave the Beta rider half a lap gap and the advantage with two to go…
- Diego Herrera took the holeshot in heat two but Haaker started the race like a bullet and was quickly in the lead. The speed to lead took a toll on the American’s arms thgouh and he faded by mid-race, struggling to hang on he said. Bolt took over out front and Walker closed in as Colton made mistakes and, in the end, handed the place to Jonny with a lap to go.
- Heat three saw Walker grab the holeshot but Bill went by on lap one and Colton barged past also on the opening lap. It felt like the only thing stopping Colton from taking second was Colton simply because he was faster around the lap.
- He did try, second place went back and forth between them but by the final flag Haaker had gapped Jonny for second place in the race. But with the 2-2-3 on the night, the points tallied up for Walker who takes second in the 2022 world championship.
- Bill won the third and final heat by the way which meant he won all but one moto this season…
- The Junior title also needed settling in the second Germany GP but it was a formality for the standout rider in class, Dominik Olszowy who sealed it with the heat one win.
- Suff Sella bashed his way through to second overall (winning a points tie-break with Milan Schmueser) with a final moto win, fending off the Olszowy in the process of taking his first world championship victory – this maybe a sign of things to come for the Israeli rider who'll be back next year.
- The European class races were again controlled by Sonny Goggia. The Italian added a perfect scorecard of 1-1 to a near perfect season (he also won every race except one) to claim the 2022 European SuperEnduro Championship.
2022 SuperEnduro round 5 results – Prestige class
Junior class, heat 1
European championship overall:
Photo Credit: Future7Media | Nicki Martinez