First look: Leatt 6.5 Pro Chest Protector
Leatt has launched a new upper body protector, the 6.5 Pro built to meet “maximum CE impact protection standards”, be neck brace friendly and be more comfortable on the bike.
An increasing number of race organisers require the use of a chest protector to participate. Leatt has added to their already huge body protection systems range (from kids sizes upwards – there are loads to choose from) with this new 6.5 Pro.
Certified for FIM and FFM (International and French Motorcycle Federation respectively) competition and comes with a number of features including neck brace compatibility, 3DF impact absorption foam and improved comfort.
Leatt 6.5 Pro in a nutshell:
- Hard shell and 3DF AirFit ventilated soft impact foam
- CE tested and certified as impact protection: Chest EN1621-3 Level 2; Back EN1621-2 Level 2; Shoulder EN1621-1
- 3D design ensures comfortable fit
- Multi-layer, multi-plate articulating design allows body movement and aids comfort
- Adjustable over-the-shoulder straps
- Flank panels for added side impact protection
- Increased ventilation slots for maximum cooling
- FIM (International Motorcycle Federation) and FFM (French Motorcycle Federation) certified
- Mesh base layer
- Removable front and rear plate function
- ‘BraceOn’ neck brace fitting system for over or under shirt compatibility
The South African brand says all panels in the 6.5 Pro chest protector have been redesigned including the shoulders to make them less bulky and allow the rider to move freely on the bike. The ventilation and the moisture wicking features have also been improved over previous models.
We have one to test at Enduro21 which we’re already putting some testing hours on and will report back how it feels.
Colour options: White & Black/Graphene
More information: www.leatt.com