Results feed: Czech EnduroGP 2019 – British riders dominate
Full results from day one at the 2019 EnduroGP of Czech Republic which saw Brad Freeman in ruthless form for overall victory ahead of Steve Holcombe and Daniel McCanney.
Day one of the penultimate round of the 2019 Enduro World Champiponship in the Czech Republic belonged to Bradley Freeman who blasted fastest times on the bounce to take a comfortable victory from title rival, Steve Holcombe. Aussie, Wil Ruprecht took the Junior overall win while Kiwi Hamish MacDonald made it a good day for southern hemisphere riders with a storming win in Youth class.
2019 Czech Enduro GP, day 1 in a nutshell:
- Bradley Freeman tops seven tests during three laps of racing to stretch a 32 seconds advantage at the finish.
- Freeman was fast in all tests but pulled significant gaps on the long, and widely praised, Enduro test to build his lead and stetch his championship points advantage.
- Freeman needs to finish first or second tomorrow to win the E1 World Championship.
- Championship rival Steve Holcombe was carrying a slight ankle injury and couldn’t match Freeman’s pace finishing in second and taking the E3 class win.
- Daniel McCanney was the third rider overall and one of the few riders, along with Holcombe and Joe Wootton, to take a test away from Freeman.
- Wootton was on it all day in taking the E2 class win ahead of Loic Larrieu and Alex Salvini. Joe completed a British top four overall.
- Wil Ruprecht’s day was a dominant one in taking the Junior overall and J1 win ahead of Theo Espinasse. Antoine Margain was third overall while Enric Francesco took J2 honours with fifth overall.
- Jack Edmondson was unlucky in retiring after and early day crash saw him fracture his wrist.
- Hamish MacDonald strung up a list of test times comparable, if not better than Freeman in taking the Youth 125cc class win. He finish over one minute clear of Matteo Pavoni who was narrowly ahead of Nathan Bererd in third.
- Open World Cup class overall honours went to Tom Ellwood on the Kawasaki also taking the Open 4T win ahead of David Knight (Open Senior winner) with Patrik Halgas third and Open 2T winner.
EnduroGP scratch overall results, day 1:
E1 results, day 1:
E2 results, day 1:
E3 results, day 1:
Junior overall results, day 1:
Youth 125cc results, day 1:
Open class four stroke results, day 1:
Open class two-stroke results, day 1:
Open Senior class results, day 1:
Photo Credit: Future7Media/Andrea Belluschi