EnduroGP Results: Holcombe tops French GP Supertest
Results feed from Friday’s Supertest at round one of the 2020 EnduroGP World Championship in Requista, France where Steve Holcombe has laid a marker with the fastest overall time.
French GP Supertest in a nutshell:
- The first timed test of the 2020 Enduro World Championship finally blitzed into life in Requista with Steve Holcombe laying down a marker and taking his Beta to a show-stopping time of 1:46.84 under the floodlights.
- It was a solid start for the Factory Beta Racing squad with Brad Freeman in second place, 0.8s behind his teammate and clear of the field.
- Loic Larrieu was third best and showed the French crowd he’s lost nothing during lockdown ahead of a quartet of Italians swarming the upper placings in the senior classes time sheets.
- Ruy Barbosa blew the socks off his rivals in the Juniors and J1 class. On a night when times were incredibly tight across all categories, the Chilean blasted a time almost three seconds faster than any Junior – his 1:48.50 time was fast enough for third overall on the night.
- Theo Espinasse was second fastest Junior and the J2 victor ahead of Krystof Kouble, four seconds back on Ruy.
- Jed Etchells also made a superb start to his and Fantic’s season taking the Youth 125 class win ahead of Sergio Navarro with Nathan Bererd flying the French flag third.
- The Open World Cup riders were headed by Czech rider Robert Friedrich ahead of Goncalo Reis and Loris Gubian who is better known for his trials bike skills but clearly has talent on an enduro bike as well.
2020 French EnduroGP results:
Photo Credit: Enduro21 | Andrea Belluschi